Canada’s Boilermakers union, part of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmith, Forgers and Helpers (IBB), has roots stretching back to 1880.
Over the following 135 years, members of Canada’s Boilermakers union have been at the top of their trade, building, installing and maintaining strategically-important industrial plants and heavy equipment that have led the economic growth of our nation.
What does the Boilermaker Advantage mean for you?
- Members of Canada’s Boilermakers union get the best wages, the best benefits and the best on-the-job protection in the industry.
- You can earn over $50 per hour as a member of the Boilermakers – more, with overtime.
- Your health and welfare benefits are second to none, with excellent dental and drug coverage, enhanced disability benefits in case you’re ill or injured, even coverage for you and your family when you travel outside Canada.
- You’ll be enrolled in a strong, billion-dollar pension plan that will provide retirement security for you and your family.
- Your health and safety will be zealously protected by trained stewards, union-run programs, your collective agreement and a union health and safety program.
- You’ll be respected on the jobsite and have your rights set out in a collective agreement.
- You’ll work in a team with the best in the trade, whether fellow Boilermakers or contractors and managers.
- The union has contracts with some of the largest employers in North America. There are plenty of opportunities for employment and career advancement.
- You can take advantage of the union’s state-of-the-art training facilities across the country to improve your knowledge and skills, putting you a step ahead of non-members. You’ll be able to practice, upgrade and re-certify your skills as required, keeping you at the top of the trade.
- You’ll be able to accept positions across Canada.
- You’ll have access to our membership website, with news and job postings, online training through the Boilermaker Virtual Campus®, latest industry news and more.
For contractors and clients
- The Boilermakers union is Canada’s top supplier of qualified Boilermakers – for good reasons:
- Your company will take advantage of the skills and training of the most qualified people in the trade.
- Your project will get completed on time, with zero time lost to accidents.
- Our members work in all conditions, anywhere in North America, often on short notice.
- When you hire a Boilermaker, your company will join the ranks of the industry’s best.